6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS

4 posters

Go down

Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS Empty Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS

Post by Twisty Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Here is my two cents......I'm a bit bored this morning Laugh

Is Alex Walker a fair man? With Danny McGraw's injuries at the hands of Re-Genesis, you could forgive Walker for now making sure that his group had a easy time of it. Not so said the main himself. When he came out at the beginning of Lockdown, he carried through a threat first issued by McGraw himself and set the tag team title battle for Explosion as The Consultancy v Dopant Zero......thus not involving Udo and Visage. Is this just a smokescreen, as RJ put it? We would find out later.

In the battle for the Freeweight title, two became three. Adamson and Faith seemed to be on a collision course for a title match at Explosion. Only problem would have been the lack of a title to fight for. The whole angle took another dive into the history books when Kuinshi, formerly Adamson's nemesis Uryu, got involved in their little spat after Faith's win. This storyline now has so many interlocking pieces of the past, it's hard to pick a winner. One thing is for sure, if Kristal doesn't return that title next week, it won't be Faith.

Logan Kincade continued his ascent in the Fight for the Right tournament, with a dominant display over Finlay. He is my favourite for the win and nothing during the match made me believe otherwise.

With The Consultancy's on going battle with Udo and Visage, and DZ's iron grip on the tag team belts, Solomon and Scorpion have made their case for the belts in the background. They announced it with a bang this week though, with a win over the champs. Once again it took one move from Riddick to allow Scorpion to take the win. How long will it take before Riddick stops playing second fiddle? Before tag team glory? I think Scorpion should watch his back, even with Riddick seemingly being on the same page.

Team Walker v Team McGraw played out once again as Kenji Hidari faced Marshal Murdoch. I have always liked Kenji as a character......his cocky heel persona is something that should come out even more now that he has left Team Japan. Murdoch on the other hand, just seems to be suffocated by Re-Genesis at the moment. I am not sure if Hidari's win was more to do with him upping his game since joining the group, or if Murdoch is suffering the effects of teaming with the wrong guy. Regardless, Hidari could easily regain his European title that he held for so long, now that he has Walker in his corner.

Chris Patricks has gone through a roller coaster couple of months. He chucked himself off scaffolding after seeing the Saint win at the last PPV and obviously thought his time had gone. But now he has renewed focus and picked up a big win in the fatal fourway. I think this will give him the confidence boost he needs leading up to Explosion.

TGA lost out to Geoff Steel in the next match which means he will face either Kincade, Crime Lord or Kenty. I think that Steel will progress to the final to face Kincade. TGA has gone off the radar recently and is in serious trouble. I think he will get lost in the shuffle now, unless somehow he tries to muscle in on Saint's TAW reign.

Which leads us to the main event. One thing to pick up from that is just how easily Re-Genesis dealt with Murdoch and The Consultancy beforehand leaving Leone a sitting duck. Once again, Hill made his presence known but got out of dodge as soon as Walker showed up. However, I want to highlight again how Saint is still a lone man in all this. Even with the grudging respect Leone and Saint showed each other at the end of the match, Saint didn't think of returning to the ring to help. Maybe to the Saint, not being involved helps his own title holding credentials.

Last edited by Twisty on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS Empty Re: Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS

Post by Crimey Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:47 pm

The big surprise for me was TGA getting knocked out of the Fight for the Right tournament. I can see a Crime Lord/Logan Kincade final now, to end the feud and have Logan pushed properly into the main event.

But I can now also Kenty or Steel winning it.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS Empty Re: Feedback on Lockdown 31st May SPOILERS

Post by Saint Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Call it a red herring if you like, but the segment where The Saint, Crime Lord and Murdoch were talking with Leone raised my attention. Maybe just maybe the two old dogs in the yard (Saint and Crimey) might get involved somewhere.

Then again, they might not! Laugh

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Sainty wrote:Call it a red herring if you like, but the segment where The Saint, Crime Lord and Murdoch were talking with Leone raised my attention. Maybe just maybe the two old dogs in the yard (Saint and Crimey) might get involved somewhere.

Then again, they might not! Laugh

I'm sure that was a red herring. It's a hint that Crime Lord will win FFTR, but I think it's just to avoid making the result too obvious.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Yeah, I thought so.

Just throwing it out there. Nagging feeling that The Saint's going to get involved somehow, though. He loves getting involved in this sort of scenario.

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 am

Twisty wrote:In the battle for the Freeweight title, two became three. Adamson and Faith seemed to be on a collision course for a title match at Explosion. Only problem would have been the lack of a title to fight for. The whole angle took another dive into the history books when Kuinshi, formerly Adamson's nemesis Uryu, got involved in their little spat after Faith's win. This storyline now has so many interlocking pieces of the past, it's hard to pick a winner. One thing is for sure, if Kristal doesn't return that title next week, it won't be Faith.

After reading Mrs Beer's segment with Max's little willy, then reading the real one where Max has a triple threat match, I'd have been happier reading Mrs Beer's one on the show Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down