6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows

+22
Gregers
Geoff
JJ Johnson
DT
CJ
Finlay
Paul Mac
Marsh
Nay
Saint
Hero
Mat
Teej
Crimey
Electric Demon
Toozey
Lee
Dicey
Marky
6WF Admin
Olly
Twisty
26 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows - Page 2 Empty Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows

Post by Twisty Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought of something witty but I am not going to say what as no fucker will read it!

Last edited by Twisty on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows - Page 2 Empty Re: Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows

Post by Electric Demon Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Were you Prodigy? How did I not know this? Laugh

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows - Page 2 Empty Re: Trash Talk - Sponsored by all those that don't read the shows

Post by Teej Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm

God knows, we even feuded when I was Prodigy! Even know I was with Beur for it, that feud is still one of my favourites. I never did find out if Beur was Phoenix Rose though!

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Amazing feud that. I loved it.

That's crazy to think it was you Laugh
I always had an inkling Buer was Phoenix - never had it confirmed though.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:58 pm

New question.

Has 6WF evolved for the better since:

1) 606 closing
2) Leaving V2

And which was the best "era"?

1) 606
2) v2
OR
3) Our own site

Be honest.

Last edited by Twisty on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I can only comment on 606 and this site. I think since being on this site the writing has improved incredibly compared to when I first started and the storylines are more complicated and interesting. I'd also say that this site has less friction between users than 606 did.

Only thing I miss from the 606 era was the amount of comedy promos.

I really enjoyed promoing as Prodigy, he was completely different to TGA.

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm

1) I wasn't there so No idea, but I hear yes it was almost Bullet point final shows?

2) Yes, I feel it has given everyone an injection of energy. Everyone has upped their game to the last man.

Best Era

Again I am maybe too new for this question? But The best of Logan is now. I feel my promos are better now. My posters are better now. so yeah

Lee

http://www.leekilleen.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Good question;

I think 6WF evolved for the better when leaving v2 because it has allowed us (or should that be Lee) to create a bit of brand identity and give us an awesome shop window. I love the look of this site, I think it's a work of art. Also it seemed to bring back a bit of community spirit that perhaps we had lost a bit. Though on the whole I don't think any of the moves have had a tangible effect on the actual "product" i.e. the shows. Except the initial move from 606 to v2 because then the shows remained intact, and matches didn't randomly disappear because they were not "on topic", even though all the other ones on the card seemingly were "on topic" Laugh

It depends how you define "best era". This is certainly the best era for quality of storylining and shows, and it is the most consistent and wholly logical that it has ever been. This is also the best era for strength in depth in terms of the roster. But my favourite era will always be the first year on 606, because for me it was like Dorothy landing in Oz for the first time, with this whole world I didn't even imagine would exist opening up before my eyes. Literally limitless possibilities. And the process of trial and error, and the early formative stages of finding out how we should do things was just so much fun.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:12 pm

little promo up demon

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:13 pm

New question.

1) 606 closing - Dunno
2) Leaving V2 - Yes I am much better here

1) 606 - I weren't there
2) v2 - I weren't there (properly)
OR
3) Our own site - I am here so deffo the best

Be honest - Pure honesty

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:14 pm

New question.

1) 606 closing - no.
2) Leaving V2 - Yes.

1) 606 -no.
2) v2 -no.
OR
3) Our own site - Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

I've got £5 E/W on Captain Chris at 14/1 in the Gold Cup. Only bet of the week, so here's hoping.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Bullonymous wrote:New question.

1) 606 closing - no.
2) Leaving V2 - Yes.

1) 606 -no.
2) v2 -no.
OR
3) Our own site - Yes.

Why is this your opinion Bull?

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:04 pm

I think it's so hard to compare the different eras to be honest, on 606, almost everybody was new to it, there was a lot more mistakes and a lot more short promos without as much direction. On the one hand, this can be seen as worse, but on the other it could be more fun. That type of promoing died with the move to V2 as people started posting more long, story-based promos and lost some of the instant creativity that stemmed from the inexperience on 606.

I think the biggest change was moving from 606 to V2, that's when I felt the shows made a huge leap in how good they were, we had our own area, there was a lot less inexperience and the standard just seemed to leap when we could promo knowing that nothing would be taken down and I think the formatting of the site suited 6WF more, particularly for matches which look so much better on this kind of site than they did on 606 which had such tiny margins.

I think there has been less of a noticeable change since the move here, I think it's more about being consistent where on the old 606 shows would jump between different levels of quality.

My only fear is that you guys running it keep pushing yourselves and trying to get better, writing better and longer matches every month. While 6WF has been on an upward trajectory since its inception, I do worry that we might push ourselves too far, if the matches keep getting longer then the PPV matches will have to get longer, and then Born in Fire matches even longer before people stop finding it fun. I think the level that the matches are now is pretty much perfect, and the rate of increase in size is certainly slowing but hopefully it'll come to a halt because I think if you guys just keep pushing yourselves too hard the only outcome is a burn out.

I think there has only been really two eras, the 606 era and this is essentially the same as when we were on V2, and I'd say it's too hard to compare in terms of enjoyability, as they are very different beasts.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:18 pm

I think its all about a sense of evolution as well as a sense of responsibility. If we are asking you guys to promo out of your skins, then the writing has to match that. If we feel promos are flagging, would we then write lesser shows? I doubt it but we are all human and it is a two way street.

Longer matches certainly doesn't mean better quality, but then the flip side to that is who wants to read a match they are involved in which is only a couple of paragraphs long? Especially if you have taken the time to write a good promo or two.

Segment wise I think we have got it bang on. I don't think we are wasting valuable space that could be used for matches just waffling on about nothing. All the segments mean something and even more so now we are using promos as part of it. So in effect, the top quality promos we have been having recently can only enhance the show.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:06 pm

lol

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Hey peeps.

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 pm

And where the hell have you been?

You treat this house like an hotel!

Hey Beertrix

xx

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Anyone around?

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Me!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Alright pal!

My mate got me a free ticket for today, so ended up throwing more money down the drain. Spent over a £100 yesterday on bets and beers, at the racecourse and then out on the town.

On the plus side, I went to my first strip club

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Did you get a happy ending?

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm

I got a lap dance and a hangover.

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 pm

YES!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Then I fell asleep in the strip club waiting for mates to have their dances

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 pm

Hahaha, mate that's class.

Our little Mat is all grown up!!! Laughing

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Nawww Matty!

Promo up in the morning, too tired to finish it tonight

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Evenin

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Response up Toozethy

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Welsh wankers

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Olly wrote:Welsh wankers

We only needed 8 points
That was just showing off

LaughLaughLaugh

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:04 pm

We just fell to pieces. I now know what Spurs fans feel when Bale isn't playing!

Got to the point in twitter where me and me mates resorted to sheep jokes

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 pm

You didn't fall, you got SMASHED to pieces

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Not as hard as the sheep will get smashed tonight Shut up Olly

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Really? You are going down the who people fuck road? REALLY?

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Lee wrote:Really? You are going down the who people fuck road? REALLY?

I am. Bring it!

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Olly wrote:Not as hard as the sheep will get smashed tonight Shut up Olly

Even those poor little abused sheep will be grateful that at least their not an English rugby fan tonight

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 am

Promo will be going up after the Nodge (and most likely the Toon) games!

Results went perfect yesterday. Just hope they go well again today

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:05 am

Morning egg yolks

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:57 pm

WES YOU LITTLE IRISH LOVE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Fuck off ref, fuck right off

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:04 pm

We were doing so well as well Sad

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Laugh

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:08 pm

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Lino doesn't give it, crowd get on his back, gives it. Fuck off

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Laugh Laugh

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Chris Foy was comfortably Sunderland's best player that half. We need to stop that threat. Delia give him a pie at half time

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

2 fucking awful desicions there, ref and lino are shit, shitty shit shit.
If anyone asks me where my lower arm is I will point to my chest
Go orn Dwight rip the ref a new one lad

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Never a red. Never a pen.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Dig in lads. Dig the fuck in

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:47 pm

My fave is this on the Beeb site:

Sebastien Bassong handles the ball and concedes a .

He concedes a full stop?

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next