6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trash Talk!

+12
CJ
Saint
Twisty
DT
Electric Demon
Geoff
Kuinshi
Toozey
Mat
Lee
Dicey
6WF Admin
16 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Trash Talk! - Page 4 Empty Trash Talk!

Post by 6WF Admin Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Trash Talk is the place where all the 6wFers have the chance to talk about anything and everything (within reason!) but mainly just play Lemmings. It's also a place where newbies can enquire about entering the mad, mad world of 6WF.

Contacting our GM now couldn't be easier, just PM the following ingrates below:

Mat
Beer

p.s Can we please keep all discussion about results(Both 6WF and WWE) within spoiler tabs on the day of the show and in the case of WWE, the day after, e.g Raw results in spoiler tabs on a Tuesday. Cheers lads.

Schedule:
Spoiler:

Guide for new people: New to 6WF? Fancy signing up?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Beer on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Trash Talk! - Page 4 Empty Re: Trash Talk!

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Same for everyone I expect!

Anything else?

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:19 pm

so what's the next step? You lock it all up and wait for the announcement?

Lee

http://www.leekilleen.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Well, people are more than welcome to keep posting.

My next job is to move all the stuff over from v2. Once that's done I'll let the Admins on v2 know that we've got this site and if its ok to publish it on the site. After that we announce it.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm

sweet! jocolor

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Just a suggestion but is it not worth having a new member section on front page. Just thinking if new members do come to the site there not necessarily going to know to come to the trash talk section to see how to join

Geoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuinshi Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:24 pm

it may also be stupid n pointless but do we get a chatbox?

Kuinshi

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Good idea, Steel.

I was thinking about having the Character Sheet and Guide under the announcement bit.

Uryu, yes we have a Chatbox.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah I think that would be the best place for a new member section

Geoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 pm

This looks nice. Good work

Now for the pragmatist. Everyone is free to throw answers at me, because I really need convincing of why this will benefit 6WF.

- How does autonomy from 606v2 benefit us on a day to day basis? What does it enable us to do that we are unable to do at present, on a practical level?
- How will this site increase or maintain our current recruitment levels?
- How will this site be made visible to a wider audience than the one that is available on 606v2?
- How will we secure repeat visits to the site with nothing but 6WF available to discuss? How can we retain someone who has a little look around and says a quick hello?
- Do you think all of our current roster will commit to using two sites?
- Is there going to be some sort of rule on swearing/appropriateness to maintain the work safety of the site? I don't mind trying to sneak the odd word or euphemism past the filter for a laugh now and again, but I wouldn't visit a site peppered with swearing whilst on work.

- Simply, What are the benefits?

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 pm

And so it begins.

The future is bright.....the future is 6WF.

Everything looks really good to me and looking forward to seeing how this site develops. I think having our own centre of control is very beneficial like 6CW used to have.

Happy to help out with things if necessary. Give me a holla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Also Ascension isn't in the schedule.I believe the number one show deserves better than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Tooze mentioned the schedule, do you want your own? Or are we integrating everything!?

Demon, will answer everything in the morning!

JJ, will make you a mod.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Probably best to discuss the schedule properly at Creative on monday just to get verything sorted, as I have a few little things I want to ask about Ascension anyways.

In the long run I think a separate shcedule will be for the best if you agree to my request.

Mod time b1tches

Back to top Go down

Post by DT Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:47 am

Just posting to prove I'm here.

DT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 am

- How does autonomy from 606v2 benefit us on a day to day basis? What does it enable us to do that we are unable to do at present, on a practical level?

We get independence. The fed has been running for 5 years, with hundreds of hours put in by various different members and yet it's never had it's own place. It's always been part of somewhere else. BBC, 606v2, personally it's time we had somewhere that belongs to us.

We get more freedom. We haven't got to worry about the content of shows. Whether what we plan will have an affect on 606v2. There isn't that feeling of being watched when it comes to promo's or what's discussed in Trash Talk.

Lastly, we get a legacy. Something that will actually be ours till the end. Not an unmaintained archive on the BBC, not a sub-forum on a sports board. But an actual place that belongs to us.

- How will this site increase or maintain our current recruitment levels?

Most of our recruitment comes from word of mouth. Our advertising drive on the wrestling board brought us one member. We're not even associated with Wrestling on v2. We're stuck in with role-playing. There is Facebook, Twitter and hopefully v2. There's no reason why people who post here wouldn't stay on v2 for other things and attract people the same way we always have.

You have to factor in, that in the last 9 months we've had 3 new people (Twist, Olly, JP), the rest have been returnees, people from 6CW, and Marky. You're averaging 1 new member every 3 months, it's not exactly difficult to maintain.

- How will this site be made visible to a wider audience than the one that is available on 606v2?

Having it's own site for a start will help us. If there are people on the world wide web who search for e-feds then maybe we'll start appearing to them, rather than 606v2. Whose to say that people haven't searched for us before and not taken us seriously because we don't have our own site?

Again there is Facebook and Twitter. There are also other feds we can visit to see how they do it, take advice from guys like Reaper who know a bit more.

But on the flip side, you have to remember that Mat has Uni, i have work and a family and JJ has his job and his partner. As much as we all love 6WF, we aren't looking for a 100 strong roster, there wouldnt be enough man hours to produce the shows.

- How will we secure repeat visits to the site with nothing but 6WF available to discuss? How can we retain someone who has a little look around and says a quick hello?

By having a welcoming environment. Something that looks smart, gets used and is basically 'ronseal'.

We're an e-fed. We are part of a niche market. We aren't going to be to the everyday mans taste, so chances are, the people that stumble on this site have done so for a reason. If everything is clear and concise, and makes sense, it should attract people.

- Do you think all of our current roster will commit to using two sites?

Yes.

6CW managed it. When i first joined i'm pretty sure there were 2 sites people used to PM people, etc and still discuss things on the BBC.

The colour basis of the site has been made to look work friendly, to not be too in your face or attract unwanted attention.

You also have to remember that some people exclusively use TT. They don't post on any other area of the site. So they may end up using this place more because it feels more like a home.

- Is there going to be some sort of rule on swearing/appropriateness to maintain the work safety of the site? I don't mind trying to sneak the odd word or euphemism past the filter for a laugh now and again, but I wouldn't visit a site peppered with swearing whilst on work.

Initially, i'm not going to put swear filters in for every word. I will for the 'C' word and probably 'F'. But i'm going to trust people who use this place to respect everyone else. I don't want this site to become a playground for hurling insults, but i trust the guys that use it to not misuse it.

On the subject, i just want to dispel this myth about adverts and work.

The adverts pick up on your browsing history and link you to websites or products based on that. For instance, i have a Littlewoods account, and the only adverts i get at home are Littlewoods.

They don't pick up on things like swear words.

Hope that answers some questions.

If anyone else has any other issues please don't hesitate to air them.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 am

When has the content of a 6WF show ever been blocked/adjusted though? I don’t recall this ever being an issue. And I don’t feel like I am being watched. I say whatever I want in promos, and have never once had a tap on the shoulder to tell me it was inappropriate.

And I’m not talking about recruiting a 100 strong roster – I’m talking about simple replenishment of natural wasteage i.e. Swann and Blade just disappearing. You probably lose about 5 people a year, maybe more? I’m not sure how using facebook, twitter etc. is an advantage of this site, when you could just do that anyway? And it’s a fact that sending links doesn’t work as well as stumbling upon something. People don’t click on links, especially if they are in work.

Does anyone have any search engine optimistaion expertise? Because if you google e-feds you get 174 million results. It won’t be visible. We won’t get “stumbled upon”.

I agree the website is inconspicuous looking, and work friendly in that respect. And I’m not worried about ads popping up based on language, however if someone catches a glance of my screen I can live with people thinking I like wrestling, it would probably get laughed off, but it becomes a whole different kettle of fish if there are swear words everywhere.

I’m risk averse. And for me we are currently in a non-risk situation, and this step is taking on a whole load of risks. I may not invest much (or any) time in terms of writing matches, storylines etc. but I have spent 5 years on my character, I don’t want to just risk throwing it all away and watch it die a slow death because people leave and can’t be replenished. I can see why someone who’s been here a year would see it as a good, low-risk idea.

Plus I seem to be the only dissenting voice, so look upon me as playing devil’s advocate. I think some challenges need to be thrown out there and answered. Has anyone else got any concerns about this whatsoever, or just me?

If I’m convinced, I’ll buy into it. I mean, I’ll have no choice anyway if the fed is moving.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 am

It's never been adjusted becuase the content has always stayed within boundaries.

You perhaps don't feel like you're being watched. I certainly do. I get it in the neck about people's promos, the content of Trash Talk etc everytime i'm due a dressing down. The comments the other day when i was ranting about the Fantasy league muppets were instantly thrown back in my face when i broached the subject.

It's an advantage of this site to use Facebook and Twitter because we direct people to our site. We're not going on and saying 'Hey, join our site, it's in a tiny part of somebody elses sports forum'. It's pointing them towards us. Showing them that we actually take this seriously and want to stand out. We can't have a logo on v2. We can't really promote our fed. Could you imagine the reaction if we asked to stick up a Global Announcement looking for new members?

I don't see that swearing is going to be an issue. I feel the same, i don't mind the odd bit of language, but when i'm at work it's different.

I don't see this as being any more of a risk than it was moving to 606v2? All the tools are in place, so how is it different? Because 606v2 has become bigger and bigger? But where do we actually sit in the 606v2 scale? Cause i would guarantee it's pretty low.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am

Morning folks albino

Demon I know from being on 6CW that having your own site does wonders for an efed, we didn't only get people from 6wf but we also had members from outside the 606 world and that had never even heard of it, I know Dub's, PJ, Gazzy and others used Cobras knowledge of the efed world to post on other sites and gain more interest in 6CW sure we won the KAPOW! efed of the year in 2011 and because of that we got people like Matzko and Cable and many others that contribute alot to the fed story wise and chat wise

You will always lose members in an efed at one stage in CW there were 3 or 4 active promoters but at least we had the site to call home and build things back up and garner interest from outside because we looked proper and not hidden away like 6WF is now and pretty much alway has been weather it be on V2 or 606

I for will probably be using both here and V2 as I did with 606 and the CW site and I say many other 6WF members will because they have other friends on V2 and comment on alot of other pages and not just TT
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:10 am

The move from 606 to v2 was risky, but it was necessary, because 606 ceased to exist. So it's completely different. There was an act of force that necessitated that people move to v2 and created an immediate captive audience. What will we have here? There's about 4 or 5 of us active in the daytime. It is never going to look bustling or exciting to an outsider. WE will look like outsiders. And as for "where do we sit in 606v2's scale"... I don't really put any importance on it. I think there are a lot of parasitic advantages of riding on their back that we will lose.

You can say 6CW worked... but;

a) why did it move over to 606v2 itself?
b) where is it now?

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 am

Just a comment it maybe me just being a bit OCD but the banner at the top isn't aligned right there's a bit sticking out at the end, if it can't be amended il learn to live with it

Geoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am

6CW did work for 4 years on its own site, yes the shows were posted on V2 and 606 but that was more to show people what was happening (especially with the merger) and to let people that had 2 characters one on both WF and CW promo for the shows

6CW didnt fail because it was on a different site, it fail because of the change over of GMs and lack of interest because of another new start after we had the best year of the efeds history, no consistancy killed it
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am

Advantages of riding on their back? Such as? Not paying for the site? Well that doesn't change. The site is well moderated? That's questionable at best. You only have to look at the gross negligence when Bull was being bullied to see that. They can never be questioned on anything. Mob handedness at times.

For every pro of being on v2 there is a con.

In terms of going forward, Adam was begging people to click the ads on the site because they can't cover the costs of running the site. So what happens IF (and it could be a big one) 606v2 goes under? What happens to us without a fall back?

6CW moving over was because of the merger. It made more sense to keep it on one site. As for where is 6CW now, that's more down to the direction it went after JJ left as oppose to the site itself.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 am

Steel wrote:Just a comment it maybe me just being a bit OCD but the banner at the top isn't aligned right there's a bit sticking out at the end, if it can't be amended il learn to live with it

Yeah, we're having issues with it. If you change your zoom to 90% it does sort it.

See on my laptop and phone it fits perfectly on 100% :S I use Chrome and IE and both of them are fine :S

I am so confused. Should I just make it smaller? so it fits everyone elses screen?

EDIT: Weird this edited Beers comment sorry! haha

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 am

I can answer those two questions regarding 6CW:

a) why did it move over to 606v2 itself?

6CW moved over during the merger.We didn't need to and it did not benefit us, just that it made more sense for 6Wf guys to be able to read our shows and understand everything that was going on. 6CW gained nothing from 606v2

b) where is it now?

The only reason 6CW no longer exists is because I had no time to devote to it. Call it big headed but it does not matter, having it's own site never hindered 6CW it actually helped it to prosper. If I hadn't of had to leave 6CW when i did, it would still be going very strong today.

I think the move to this site is extremely beneficial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:26 am

Dicey wrote:6CW did work for 4 years on its own site, yes the shows were posted on V2 and 606 but that was more to show people what was happening (especially with the merger) and to let people that had 2 characters one on both WF and CW promo for the shows

6CW didnt fail because it was on a different site, it fail because of the change over of GMs and lack of interest because of another new start after we had the best year of the efeds history, no consistancy killed it

And because team BeerMat came into existence Wink

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 am

OK

I'll leave it open. If no-one else has any questions or challenges then I'm clearly the one who's missing something and I'll back down. I'm not trying to poo poo the idea, but you've got to challenge a project at the scoping stage or it is doomed to fail, and I think everyone else is being a little blind to this in not doing so.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:38 am

It's because it's not really a risk.

A full on move over wouldn't be done unless JJ, Mat and myself were 100% confident that it would work. Right now, there seems to be no opposition to it. The guys who i've invited over have various different experiences of e-fedding and of v2 life. Tooze is a mod, Uryu is a casual user, and Steel has 6CW experience. They are the perfect people to get feedback from without being 'Kilqqy' in any way.

There is still alot of work to be done as well in moving everything historical over, so there is plenty of time for discussion!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

See on my laptop and phone it fits perfectly on 100% :S I use Chrome and IE and both of them are fine :S

I am so confused. Should I just make it smaller? so it fits everyone else's screen?

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:42 am

Yes! lol!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:42 am

Beer wrote: Right now, there seems to be no opposition to it.

Yeah - that's my worry.
It's not that there is no opposition... it's that there is not even a question!

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

Cassius Zhi wrote:
Beer wrote: Right now, there seems to be no opposition to it.

Yeah - that's my worry.
It's not that there is no opposition... it's that there is not even a question!

Some people are just more laid back than others?

Maybe the lack of questions is because people are happy to switch between 2 sites and maybe they think it's a good idea having a standalone site?

I dunno, i could be wrong.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

that any better?

That's still only a temp thing anyway design wise but just getting a feel for the size and things?

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:45 am

Lee wrote:that any better?

That's still only a temp thing anyway design wise but just getting a feel for the size and things?

Perfect for me!

Steel?

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 am

Yeah that's fine for me now

Geoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:52 am

we sure now? I will keep this size if so

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:53 am

Fits for me fine.

Like I said yesterday, I think a perm home is something that is needed, especially if we are caught with v2 closing, which hopefully it wont. That then effects nothing here. which is nothing but a good thing imo

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geoff Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:01 pm

The reason I don't really have any questions or concerns about moving to a standalone site is every fed I've been in has always had its own site, if anything I find being a part of a larger site slightly strange.

With our own site you do have more creative control and you can make the efed more vibrant and interesting which does attract new members. Not to knock v2 in anyway but were a bit limited with what we can change and for someone looking to join an efed if they were to just look at the v2 site it can be a bit disengaging with no colour, people looking at joining a site usually make there mind up before reading a show just on the basis of how a site looks.

I know v2 is that way to make it more work friendly but it's not necessaryily what's best for a fed IMO

Geoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 pm

just noticed all the character sheets, the wrestlers are all bald haha

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Mat wrote:
Dicey wrote:6CW did work for 4 years on its own site, yes the shows were posted on V2 and 606 but that was more to show people what was happening (especially with the merger) and to let people that had 2 characters one on both WF and CW promo for the shows

And because team BeerMat came into existence Wink

And that Mat how could I have left that out Wink
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 pm

The Parasite Killers wrote:just noticed all the character sheets, the wrestlers are all bald haha

Blue Dragon has hair. So does Lex Hart, Cerberus.

Keith Leone has AIDDS though.... Sad

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Zhi has hair, it's just at the back of his head. lol

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Green Tea makes you bald.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Jimmy Saville has lovely hair but his old girlfriends didn't have any at all Shocked
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 pm

So when is this all going to go down then? When will it be announced?

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:44 pm

I think Beer said in January
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:58 pm

I thought it will actually happen in January?

When will it be announced?

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm

I haven't a clue mate Very Happy
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by DT Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Perhaps there haven't been any questions or concerns raised because folks are giving it a try first?

They are going to move over and start using it and any issues that present themselves can be tackled at the time.

Having someone in charge of the site that has sole focus on the fed means they are not looking at the impact any changes would have on the larger site; unlike on v2. The majority of their membership has absolutely nothing to do with e-fedding...so they will do what is best for them...not you.

That will not be the case here.

DT
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Hows things DT, you never email or send flowers anymore Crying or Very sad
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 pm

DT wrote:Perhaps there haven't been any questions or concerns raised because folks are giving it a try first?

They are going to move over and start using it and any issues that present themselves can be tackled at the time.

Having someone in charge of the site that has sole focus on the fed means they are not looking at the impact any changes would have on the larger site; unlike on v2. The majority of their membership has absolutely nothing to do with e-fedding...so they will do what is best for them...not you.

That will not be the case here.

Sorry, I'm probably being really stupid here - who are you on 606v2? :laugh:

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next