6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6WF in 2012 - Your views!

+10
Nay
Crimey
Mat
Dicey
Electric Demon
Hero
Twisty
Olly
Lee
6WF Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

6WF in 2012 - Your views! Empty 6WF in 2012 - Your views!

Post by 6WF Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Hey Gang,

Now 2013 is upon us, it would be good to get your opinions on the previous year.

~ What was good?
~ What was bad?
~ Where can we improve?
~ What you want to see more of?

It's helpful for Mat and I to get this kind of feedback so we can continue to improve 6WF throughout the year so please don't hold back.

Last edited by Beery on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

6WF in 2012 - Your views! Empty Re: 6WF in 2012 - Your views!

Post by Lee Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:47 pm

~ What was good? - The state of the fed is the biggest thing for me. It took what we already had and has grown on it and improved. We have new champs, new feuds. New members. Things looking strong

~ What was bad? - Señor Six Fingers. I mean urgh. Look at him. Nah nothing was bad. Some things might have been surprising but that's story telling. if you knew everything that was gonna happen, it would be boring wouldn't it.

~ Where can we improve? - Hmm, maybe get rid of Mat? Wink Just keep doing what your doing. It's working.

~ What you want to see more of? - More spreading the word of the fed via Facebook and Twitter maybe? More new champs! MORE LOGAN!

Lee

http://www.leekilleen.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm

~ What was good? - Me joining the fed Shut up Olly . No seriously I think the whole new site is cool, and the fact it's more like a family. I didn't think it would be like this when I joined and despite the constant discrimination against me I enjoy it secretly Wink

~ What was bad? - Bull

~ Where can we improve? - Sometimes I think you burden yourselves with too much work. I would maybe suggest every now and again just taking a week off or maybe doing a Friday show, then another show but on the Tuesday after when the show was meant to be on the Friday, and then on the Friday again. Just to give yourselves time to do other stuff and for the promoers to get good stuff going. Just a personal thought.

~ What you want to see more of? - Personally I would like to see more games of Lemmings. And in fact I am going to set up one for tomorrow morning

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:47 am

~ What was good?

Moving to a new site. More control and I think everyones moral has grown. Kudos for taking the plunge.

~ What was bad?

Losing JJ was a blow, although it could not be helped.

~ Where can we improve?

More diversity in the Lockdown matches with maybe a sprinkling of gimmick matches here and there. I know diversity is hard with the amount of people on the roster.

Creative storylines for those that aren't gunning for a title or in the main event scene, especially those on the undercard.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 am

~ What was good?

The moment I came onto the site and the scramble of panic that then occured.

~ What was bad?

That Gregoros Traitorelli ED

~ Where can we improve?

Agree with the above regarding too much work, I've seen in a few other feds that they for the main part of the match insert a video between two similar styled wrestlers from Youtube and then just write the ending.

I'd like to see less of the card publically revealed each week, the likes of RAW and Impact don't tell everyone the full card and as long as people are aware of what matches they are in via PM so they can alude to it in their promos I think it'd make reading the shows more interesting.

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:20 am

- What was Good?

Quality of PPV's. General storylining throughout the roster. Timeliness of shows. Approachability and openness of GM's. Best year of star creation ever. Well kept surprises. Consistent logic of booking, and long-term strategy. A good vision and representation of characters now evident in the show - GM written promos read like they have been written by the promoer themselves. Awesome board ethic, vastly improved from the moment we moved website. A return to the standard of Trash Talk of 1 or 2 years ago. Award of titles feels more in line with whats actually happening in terms of effort, standards and improvements in people's promos.

- What was bad?

Too many dads featured during the year. Not enough Miss Jessica - shame her GM slot got cancelled so soon. A tiny bit too much complaining about results/stories.

- Where can we improve?

Agree on the workload, let the promoers take some of the pressure off by doing a two week gap before a "Lockdown Special" every couple of months or something. Also, personally I'd prefer to be given the week off, free to promo against my prospective PPV opponent, than have a tag match every week - because they are difficult to promo for and it ends up either a bit formulaic (Cassius turns to Leone, Cassius turns to Vortex, Cassius turns to Saint...), or I end up just ignoring anyone but my PPV opponent. Though when I've suggested this in the past I have been in the minority - most want a match whatever. I just think you should be a bit braver leaving people off the card, but instead just including them in the show with a run-in or promo. (this ties in with workload too I think, because I always found tag matches much harder to write than singles)

- What do you want to see more of?

Though I hate the idea of a youtuve video of similar wrestlers, Hero's other idea of a less detailed card, or a card that is changeable during the show by the GM - similar to Raw, would give the show an extra little excitement. And More Miss Jessica!

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 am

- Where can we improve?

Agree on the workload, let the promoers take some of the pressure off by doing a two week gap before a "Lockdown Special" every couple of months or something. Also, personally I'd prefer to be given the week off, free to promo against my prospective PPV opponent, than have a tag match every week - because they are difficult to promo for and it ends up either a bit formulaic (Cassius turns to Leone, Cassius turns to Vortex, Cassius turns to Saint...), or I end up just ignoring anyone but my PPV opponent. Though when I've suggested this in the past I have been in the minority - most want a match whatever. I just think you should be a bit braver leaving people off the card, but instead just including them in the show with a run-in or promo. (this ties in with workload too I think, because I always found tag matches much harder to write than singles)

- What do you want to see more of?

Though I hate the idea of a youtuve video of similar wrestlers, Hero's other idea of a less detailed card, or a card that is changeable during the show by the GM - similar to Raw, would give the show an extra little excitement. And More Miss Jessica!.

Following on from this, I think one of the answers is to have a show midway through lockdown. It can be in the form of the Highlight Reel or Piper's Pit. You can then have two or more guys on there with a presenter talking about the upcoming PPV battle between them.

That would free up space match wise. I am not sure how it would be written (maybe it can be announced when the card goes up and then the participants can work with creative on a back and forth). It could be presented by Miss Jessica or The Consultant.

The idea may need tweaking, but I think the foundation for it is sound.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:54 am

Would be a good idea - and it also gives another variation on how two PPV opponents can interact on a "tv week" without giving away the one v one match.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am

I agree on reducing the workload for promoers and yourselves.

Say this is purely hypothetically would be dates for Lockdown:

Friday 7th January
Monday/Tuesday 17th/18th January
Friday 28th January

I know that reduces the amount of shows quite a bit, but I do get the feeling that sometimes there is too much for you guys to do in too little time. IMO

(And you would have to put up with impatient Bull)

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 am

I don't think promoers need their workload reduced. They don't have a workload. If they don't promo one week, they can get away with it. GM'sa cant'. In contrast, I think a longer period between shows now and again would give promoers an opportunity to expand their output, and have a proper ding dong of a back and fore.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 am

Cassius Zhi wrote:I don't think promoers need their workload reduced. They don't have a workload. If they don't promo one week, they can get away with it. GM'sa cant'. In contrast, I think a longer period between shows now and again would give promoers an opportunity to expand their output, and have a proper ding dong of a back and fore.

I didn't mean to put promoers need there workload reduced a mistake on my part lol

I think with Mat at Uni as well maybe an extended break between shows would be good. Education comes first (after parties and nights out)

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 am

GM'sa cant'

Why did I become Italian for this one sentence? Laugh

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am

The problem with reducing the number of shows is that the GM's have less time to get storylines over in time for the PPV. The shows may end up cluttered with stuff to try and squeeze it all in. You want a good amount of time to build things up and get the story across.

I actually think that is worse and more difficult. I don't think churning out a promo every week is hard in contrast.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:07 am

Well that would be the obvious draw back TwisTy. Obviously Mat and Beer could be reading this thinking, "we don't struggle with the workload as it is, what's he on about?" If that's the case ignore me

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am

That's why I suggested only doing it every 2-3 months as a special, rather than adjust the regular routine. Just so there is a break scheduled for the guys to catch their breath, but it doesn't impact upon any need to cram storylines in.

But as you say, if they don't feel the workload is arduous at all, then say no more about it. We can't enforce breaks upon them like some kind of health and safety Nazis Laugh

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:14 am

It is a difficult balance. It is show quality against workload. Personally if the quality of the shows were flagging then I would want to reduce the burden. But I don't think the show quality is flagging at all. That is probably due to BeerMat slogging their guts out week after week.

Bearing that in mind, if they do read this and think the workload is too much, then I would not begrudge them having less shows to ease it. Especially if they feel they can still get storylines across in however number of shows it would be reduced to.

*Gives raised one handed salute* Laugh

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

Señor Six Fingers wrote:Sometimes I think you burden yourselves with too much work. I would maybe suggest every now and again just taking a week off or maybe doing a Friday show, then another show but on the Tuesday after when the show was meant to be on the Friday, and then on the Friday again. Just to give yourselves time to do other stuff and for the promoers to get good stuff going. Just a personal thought.

I don’t see that it’s necessarily a ‘burden’. Mat and I have exceptionally high standards because of how we have developed the show over the last 9-10 months. It’s not easy to take a week off. Even when Mat or I have holiday booked we have to find a sub writer to step in.

When I came on board we had a roster of 15ish. It’s now doubled, yet the writing team has basically stayed the same, with even more emphasis placed on building storylines/feuds/characters. We try to have roughly two segments per match, so on a 10 match card we’re looking at 20 segments alone….

Demon wrote:Agree on the workload, let the promoers take some of the pressure off

This is one of the things I’m going to focus on in 2013, and it started at Payback where you may have noticed that some of the segments (if not most) were pulled directly from the card. I think it adds to the feuds more if what you guys say to each other actually ends up in the show, it also allows me to put more effort into the lower card guys.

Twisty wrote:Losing JJ was a blow, although it could not be helped.

This had a huge impact. The original plan was that we were going to have the first ever 6WF draft, with Mat and JJ having a show each and I would carry on with my creative position. When JJ left, we had no choice but to merge Ascension and Lockdown together and have one big roster.

We did approach some externally about coming on board but it never happened. We’re lucky that we have people like Twist, Ceej and Crimey who pick up a match when they can, but it still leaves a lot of work. Twisty has taken on more responsibility in terms of writing, with matches and segments, and hopefully that continues to work as well.

We appreciate that you may worry about the workload, but believe me, we don’t. We do what’s best for 6WF. We both allocate time for this place. The show will always go up and the only delays are due to exceptional circumstances.

Twisty wrote:The problem with reducing the number of shows is that the GM's have less time to get storylines over in time for the PPV. The shows may end up cluttered with stuff to try and squeeze it all in. You want a good amount of time to build things up and get the story across.

This.

We need as much time as possible. Especially around the Big 4, Survival, Explosion, Destiny, Born In Fire. There isn’t really much space to have a Supershow. We could drop a PPV but I think it could affect us in the long run.

Twisty wrote:More diversity in the Lockdown matches with maybe a sprinkling of gimmick matches here and there. I know diversity is hard with the amount of people on the roster.

It’s something I will look at, but at the same time, I prefer the build up and tension of gimmick matches when they are really needed, rather than diluting them.

Hero wrote: I'd like to see less of the card publically revealed each week, the likes of RAW and Impact don't tell everyone the full card and as long as people are aware of what matches they are in via PM so they can allude to it in their promos I think it'd make reading the shows more interesting.

I actually like this idea. It’s just putting it in to practice and speaking to Mat to work out the best way of incorporating it into the show.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicey Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

What was good?

The move to the new site brought a bit of freedom to both the GM's and also the members in way of saying what they wanted in promos also the shows and PPVs have been better than ever

What was bad?

Losing Ascension was a blow and was just getting started and interesting but hey shit happens

Where can we improve?

I like the idea of having a few gimmick matches thrown in the shows from time to time

What you want to see more of?

I actual agree with Demon about Miss Jessica, I think she is missing from the show and was always worth a great segment or two, also Hero suggestion above, a surprise match here and there would keep the shows exciting
Dicey
Dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm

I don't have an input in regards to 2012, but I have been in e-feds before where the guys in charge have really burnt out their batteries with so much hard work. Perhaps instead of having a weekly show, you could have one every 10 days instead?. That was Lockdown isn't always on the same day and could give you a little variation.

There is a lot of feds out there now doing bi-weekly, but that means having a lot less pay per views. Having a show every ten days may still mean dropping a PPV or two but could be beneficial to you in the long run.

I have noticed that you have already mapped out your schedule for the year, though, so perhaps changing the format will interfere with plans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Señor Six Fingers wrote:Well that would be the obvious draw back TwisTy. Obviously Mat and Beer could be reading this thinking, "we don't struggle with the workload as it is, what's he on about?" If that's the case ignore me

You fellas are lucky I don't have an all action social life!

But seriously, I don't really find the workload that much of a struggle. Only time I've ever really struggled this year was Payback and that was purely because of when it fell, over the Christmas and New Period where even I had social stuff planned!!

Some very interesting suggestions though, will have a chat with Beer about them in the near future I am sure

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Mat wrote:
Señor Six Fingers wrote:Well that would be the obvious draw back TwisTy. Obviously Mat and Beer could be reading this thinking, "we don't struggle with the workload as it is, what's he on about?" If that's the case ignore me

But seriously, I don't really find the workload that much of a struggle. Only time I've ever really struggled this year was Payback and that was purely because of when it fell, over the Christmas and New Period where even I had social stuff planned!!

Some very interesting suggestions though, will have a chat with Beer about them in the near future I am sure

I'm surprised this thread has been serious! I thought it would descend into jokes like the podcast thread Laugh

If you guys are happy with the workload keep it as it is Very Happy

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Señor Six Fingers wrote:
Mat wrote:

I'm surprised this thread has been serious! I thought it would descend into jokes like the podcast thread Laugh

But give us more Jessica Laugh

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Cassius Zhi wrote:
Señor Six Fingers wrote:
Mat wrote:

Did you fuckers not read Payback? She's got 2 segments!!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Beery wrote:
Cassius Zhi wrote:
Señor Six Fingers wrote:
Mat wrote:

Yeah. I liked it

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Cassius Zhi wrote:
Beery wrote:
Cassius Zhi wrote:
Señor Six Fingers wrote:
Mat wrote:

Yeah. I liked it

Shares in Kleenex went up two points the day after.

It is now officially a "podcast topic"

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:11 pm

I've actually thought for a long time that dropping a few PPVs might be a good idea as I think certain PPVs end up having less build up than others and matches don't mean as much.

Just like WWE have too many, perhaps 6WF do. Maybe once every other month, or miss a month every four months.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm

i think everything is fine and theres no need for change!

as they say if its not broken dont fix it!!!!!1!

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Crimey wrote:I've actually thought for a long time that dropping a few PPVs might be a good idea as I think certain PPVs end up having less build up than others and matches don't mean as much.

Just like WWE have too many, perhaps 6WF do. Maybe once every other month, or miss a month every four months.

I might look into that, perhaps having a bigger build up to the big four?

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:14 pm

~ What was good?

The storylines and storytelling was top notch,

~ What was bad?

~ Where can we improve?

I like the idea of a bigger build up to the big four, really give them that extra special feel. ( Not that they don't feel special anyway, but you get what I mean)

~ What you want to see more

Obviously Logan, and more of the same really

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 pm

I think more build up to your "big" events makes terrific sense, that way you can put a lot of effort into really developing feuds and giving it the big match hype.

There is a post earlier that mentioned all the talent being included on every card, personally I don't think that is essential because you do not see every superstar on Raw and Impact every week. Instead you can use the absences of superstars to build feuds or sell stories.

I apologise if you already do this kind of thing, just throwing ideas I have gained from previous feds I have been involved with.

Have you ever thought about divisions?.So you have your main event, then a second tier, third tier etc. Each tier can have a championship belt attached to it and a certain amount of promoters. Sometimes that can help to push people make better RP's, striving to get towards the top. And if there are superstars that are not pulling their weight then they can face relegation to the lower tier. You could even have writers assigned to each division, so there is a sense of continuity.

Sorry to ramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Beery wrote:
Crimey wrote:I've actually thought for a long time that dropping a few PPVs might be a good idea as I think certain PPVs end up having less build up than others and matches don't mean as much.

I might look into that, perhaps having a bigger build up to the big four?

Exactly what I was thinking, I've always felt that maybe 6WF would be better if some PPVs had more build up.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:15 am

Ok....

Friday January 4th – Lockdown
Friday January 11th – Lockdown
Friday January 18th Lockdown
Sunday January 27th – 6WF Presents: Betrayal!
Live from the Echo Arena, Liverpool.

Friday February 1st – Lockdown
Friday February 8th – Lockdown
Friday February 15th – Lockdown
Friday February 22nd - Lockdown

Friday 1st March – Lockdown
Friday 8th March – Lockdown
Friday 15th March – Lockdown
Friday 22nd March – Lockdown Supershow
Sunday 31st March – 6WF Presents: Survival!
Live from Madison Square Garden, New York.

Friday 5th April – Lockdown
Friday 12th April – Lockdown
Friday 19th April – Lockdown
Sunday 28th April – 6WF Presents: Redemption!
Live from the Odyssey Arena, Belfast.

Friday 3rd May – Lockdown
Friday 10th May – Lockdown
Friday 17th May – Lockdown
Sunday 26th May – 6WF Presents: Chaos!
Live from the MEN Arena, Manchester.

Friday 31st May – Lockdown
Friday 7th June – Lockdown
Friday 14th June – Lockdown
Friday 21st June – Lockdown
Friday 28th June – Lockdown

Friday 5th July – Lockdown
Friday 12th July – Lockdown
Friday 19th July – Lockdown Supershow
Sunday 28th July – 6WF Presents: Explosion
Live from the Lanxess Arena, Cologne

Friday 2nd August – Lockdown
Friday 9th August – Lockdown
Friday 16th August – Lockdown
Friday 23rd August - Lockdown
Friday 30th August – Lockdown

Friday 6th September – Lockdown
Friday 13th September – Lockdown
Friday 20th September – Lockdown Supershow
Sunday 29th September – 6WF Presents: Destiny!
Live from the Wukesong Culture & Sports Centre, Beijing.

Friday 4th October – Lockdown
Friday 11th October – Lockdown
Friday 18th October – Lockdown
Friday 25th October – Lockdown

Friday 1st November – Lockdown
Friday 8th November – Lockdown
Friday 15th November – Lockdown
Friday 22nd November – Lockdown Supershow
Saturday 30th November – 6WF Presents: Born In Fire!
Live from Wembley Stadium, London.

Friday 6th December – Lockdown
Friday 13th December – Lockdown
Friday 20th December – Lockdown
Sunday 29th December – 6WF Presents: Payback!
Live from the Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle.

Thoughts?

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 am

I quite like that actually with the 7 week run ups to PPV's.

It also throws into a bit of doubt title changes, because someone holding a title from one PPV to the next could be a 7-8 week reign, so could conceivably lose it, whereas you tend to assume that someone will keep their title for a few PPV's

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 am

i dont really like the idea of dropping PPV tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 am

Instead of the PPV's you've taken out, why don't you move the Supershows to where they were? Allows for some bigger matches in the build up to the PPV's.

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 am

Sainty wrote:Instead of the PPV's you've taken out, why don't you move the Supershows to where they were? Allows for some bigger matches in the build up to the PPV's.

That's a good idea actually.

Though that could potentially just make them PPV's in all but name

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 am

I don't mind that, particularly with the 2 month build up to BiF which I think will be good, as (War?) always felt a little bit like a filler to me

If you are getting rid of PPV's I'd like to see more title matches on Lockdown, as going back to when Marshall was Euro champ I think the title was defended twice in about 4 and a half months. I'd like to see each title being defended montly tbh

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 am

Cassius Zhi wrote:
Sainty wrote:Instead of the PPV's you've taken out, why don't you move the Supershows to where they were? Allows for some bigger matches in the build up to the PPV's.

That's a good idea actually.

Though that could potentially just make them PPV's in all but name

Not necessarily, they could have a title match or two, or a couple of gimmick matches or whatever the commishes need - I visualise them as sort of in between a PPV and a regular Lockdown.

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:36 am

Personally, I don’t see the point in putting the Supershows in where the PPV’s were, as the whole point of freeing up the schedule is to build things over more time. The Supershow’s are there as a prelude to the PPV.

I like the idea of having no PPV between Destiny and BIF and that July-November period is where everything starts to build towards BIF.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am

I agree with the schedule.

But I do agree with the point that the titles should maybe defended on a Lockdown in the period without a PPV for 7-8 weeks. Otherwise you could be a champ for 2 months without actually defending!

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:58 am

Señor Six Fingers wrote:I agree with the schedule.

But I do agree with the point that the titles should maybe defended on a Lockdown in the period without a PPV for 7-8 weeks. Otherwise you could be a champ for 2 months without actually defending!

Yeah, that's something Mat and I would look at.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 pm

March to May seems like a very busy time to the rest of the year. Do we lose Payback, as it is over the Christmas period?

Personally I liked the old way. I enjoy a PPV a month. That said it does give a lot more scope to be creative with more time to build things.

I am in two minds to be honest. I can see pro's and con's with the old and this new schedule.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:04 pm

I do think it would be better for the creative side of things to be able to build feuds over a long period of time.

Like in the old WWE brand split days when they used to have PPV's for Raw and Smackdown there would usually be 2 months between a PPV for each and this would allow the feuds to develop and place real emphasis on the PPV's.

Also allows undercard feuds to really develop imo

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 pm

I'd like to see the occasional shock title change happen on a show and perhaps a lesser belt given a 24/7 rule so it changes hands a fair bit?

Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Thing to remember is that this isn’t set in stone. Mat and I will have the final decision if we feel a change is needed.

March to May is busy, but that’s because of where Explosion fits. I personally, from a booking perspective like the idea of a bigger gap to the Big PPV’s. I’d prefer to have 7-8 weeks, building people up, than 3 or 4. Like Hardcore Hell qualifying matches. Rather than having 3 or 4 per show, I could have 1 or 2 and really build up the winner. Same with Fight for the Right matches.

Having 7-8 weeks build up to BIF is better as well. I’m with Marshy in feeling that War was always a filler PPV. And when you think, I had 3.5 weeks to build JJ v Cass, whereas, without War, it could’ve really been dramatic.

There are pros and cons to each side, and I’m happy either way but if a change makes us better then why not?

As for Payback, I would probably keep it as it’s generally a good PPV for dealing with BIF fallout.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Title changes comes down to planning, that’s not something I’m going to discuss! Laugh

24/7 belt is a massive no. I can see it getting out of hand. People not respecting it, title changes in promos. It would be awful.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm

I think the 7 week build up to bigger PPvs is a great idea, I can see the problem with scheduling it is something dubs and I have deliberated over a great deal for 6CW. I think what ever makes sense for the GMs and writers should be the most important thing , building of story lines if planned in advance will fit round whichever schedule is decided , obviously some things can't be planned for

As for 6WF in general I can't speak highly enough of how it has been in 2012. I have gone from a disinterested observer who was considering taking a long break from efedding to a guy who not only is really enjoying promoing as Lex but also has the fire to try running a fed myself and for that I thank Beer and Mat and everything they have produced in the last 12 months

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 pm

As an ex-commish I can vouch for a longer build up to being much better, a lot of the times me and Mat would have to do quite a lot in the last Lockdown for the PPV because you've got the repercussions of the last PPV to deal with and then set up matches for the next PPV in 4 shows which for Born in Fire would never be enough.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Ok, so Mat and I have discussed it, and we think this works.

We end up with a 2 week build up to PPV's?

Friday January 4th – Lockdown
Friday January 11th – Lockdown
Friday January 18th Lockdown
Sunday January 27th – 6WF Presents: Betrayal!
Live from the Echo Arena, Liverpool.

Friday February 1st – Lockdown
Friday February 8th – Lockdown
Friday February 15th – Lockdown
Friday February 22nd - Lockdown

Friday 1st March – Lockdown
Friday 8th March – Lockdown
Monday 18th March – Lockdown Supershow
Sunday 31st March – 6WF Presents: Survival!
Live from Madison Square Garden, New York.

Friday 5th April – Lockdown
Friday 12th April – Lockdown
Friday 19th April – Lockdown
Sunday 28th April – 6WF Presents: Redemption!
Live from the Odyssey Arena, Belfast.

Friday 3rd May – Lockdown
Friday 10th May – Lockdown
Friday 17th May – Lockdown
Sunday 26th May – 6WF Presents: Chaos!
Live from the MEN Arena, Manchester.

Friday 31st May – Lockdown
Friday 7th June – Lockdown
Friday 14th June – Lockdown
Friday 21st June – Lockdown
Friday 28th June – Lockdown

Friday 5th July – Lockdown
Monday 15th July – Lockdown Supershow
Sunday 28th July – 6WF Presents: Explosion
Live from the Lanxess Arena, Cologne

Friday 2nd August – Lockdown
Friday 9th August – Lockdown
Friday 16th August – Lockdown
Friday 23rd August - Lockdown
Friday 30th August – Lockdown

Friday 6th September – Lockdown
Monday 16th September – Lockdown Supershow
Sunday 29th September – 6WF Presents: Destiny!
Live from the Wukesong Culture & Sports Centre, Beijing.

Friday 4th October – Lockdown
Friday 11th October – Lockdown
Friday 18th October – Lockdown
Friday 25th October – Lockdown

Friday 1st November – Lockdown
Friday 8th November – Lockdown
Friday 18th November – Lockdown Supershow
Saturday 30th November – 6WF Presents: Born In Fire!
Live from Wembley Stadium, London.

Friday 6th December – Lockdown
Friday 13th December – Lockdown
Friday 20th December – Lockdown
Sunday 29th December – 6WF Presents: Payback!
Live from the Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

I like it, doesn't sacrifice too many PPV's but builds tension for the big ones.

CJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next