6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Announcement

+13
Saint
Paul Mac
xviperx
Marsh
CJ
Crimey
BD
Nay
Lee
Twisty
Toozey
6WF Admin
Mat
17 posters

Go down

What should we do?

Another Announcement  Vote_lcap69%Another Announcement  Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 11 ]
Another Announcement  Vote_lcap31%Another Announcement  Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 16

Another Announcement  Empty Another Announcement

Post by Mat Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello there folks

Your Leader of Men is here, ready to address the 6WF universe!

Me and Rich have had a discussion tonight as regards to the future of 6WF. I'd like to announce that Sainty will be joining the creative team. As you can see from the poll options, that will either be as Beer's replacement or to work alongside us, forming a three-pronged creative tour de force, with my good self as the leader, obviously Wink

1) We take a break and those who want 6WF to survive rally round and we do a month's worth of solid recruitment. Saint joins the creative team whilst Beer also stays on. The work-load is split and we hopefully get some new members, this place gets busier and we forget this ever happened.

2) We carry on as we are, Sainty taking over from Beer as part of a two man creative. If it gets no better, we look at closing 6WF at next year's Born In Fire, something which I really don't want to have to do.

The whole point of 6WF moving to this site was to gain some independence, and I believe this has had a positive effect on the work that we have produced. Whether it has had an effect on the number of people joining/leaving is your own view, it might have in terms of who have arrived but I do believe we've just had some bad luck regarding how many people have left/disappeared. Real-life is obviously something that can't be controlled.

From this thread, we want to know who will be staying on in 6WF and also who would be willing to get involved in recruiting in anyway possible. If anyone wishes to leave, for whatever reason, now is the time to tell us. No-one will hold any grudges or be angry, we just need to know what we are working with.

At this time, we'd also like your feedback on everything and anything. Do you think things have got stale around here? Have the storylines not been good enough/dragged? Honesty on all things is we want at this stage so say what you think needs to be said(Not too nasty though!)

Cheers
Mat

Mat

Back to top Go down

Another Announcement  Empty Re: Another Announcement

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 pm

To echo Mat's point, we want you to be honest,. If you're not enjoying it, think things have gotten repetitive then say, we can't go forward if people aren't happy.

As for the 'break'. We've covered this as storyline, and there are ideas ready to go, so while their won't be any shows, there will be 6WF related activity ready for the 'reboot', so to speak.

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm

I think a break would be good aslong as it isnt too long and people don't lose interest during.
I dont know why things have gotten quiet, but losing a number of people leaving in quick succession hasn't helped.

Last edited by Toozey on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Firstly, I voted for Sainty and Beer as part of a three amigos scenario. Congrats Sainty! I think a three man team works better and does share the workload.

Yes I am enjoying it. I think the Re-Genesis story was very good, but may have gone on for too long now. It seems a few of the shows have had the same beat down ending with either ReGen or team 6WF standing tall. I think other storylines have suffered because of key members not being here, but I am loving the TGA/Marky/Patricks storyline. I was so proud of being part of a rejuvenated tag team division as well. I think there is a lot of scope for 6WF to continue even with a smaller roster of dedicated promo-ers. And I am sure if we all help out, then we can recruit a good few more and a domino effect will start. Who knows.....those deserters might want to come back with things are rosy again Laugh

And yep......put my name down for whatever you need guys. Matches, segments, recruiting.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Also, any ideas people have about some more ways to go about recruiting, please feel free to share them with us!

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:34 pm

oh and i and amy are staying forever mwahahaha

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 pm

I am never leaving. Even if it ends up being me by myself having Logan and Udo talk to each other every week it will go on until I become so insane I forget how to type

Lee

http://www.leekilleen.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Laugh

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 pm

One plans on staying put as your only 3 time Freeweight champion, although one will also be staying put even if he stays as only a 2 time Freeweight champion.

In fact to be honest I am never ever leaving until I finally beat Logan Kincade in a title match and I have an awesome catchphrase.

Happy to take a break and recruit, especially given the festive period and what not. Happy to do whatever really.

I have been trying to get as many followers on twitter hopefully a few will be interested in signing up, though I suspect many will be Feds already and not interested in joining up here, but if we can two out of a thousand it's two more people.

Also have we thought about general creative writing websites as a recruitment. Or we could introduce conscription so everyone old enough to type in your household is forced to Efed for a year.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by BD Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm going nowhere... 

I've had a hard time at work recently but have been trying my best to keep both my guys alive, If anyone has read my latest Promo yet then please believe that what 'BD' said is true of my feelings and that this place will be my creative home as long as I live. I have PMed Mat about helping out how i can, That still stands mate, even in this new regime, if you need any help on the creative side then I'm your man, all of you.

As for the Recruitment, I honestly couldn't say I know anyone who would be good for the Fed, all my friends bar Lee would be far too fleeting and would see this as a way to have a 'laugh' at our expense...as for any other recruiting, if i can do anything to help, just ask.

The Break, i think is a good idea, and a good way to trim the fat so to speak. If anyone isn't prepared to stick it out for a month, then they shouldn't really be here..

I'm looking forward to what we've got coming our way and im really hoping for the opportunity to put some ideas into the 6WF stories, if i was going to say anything that may have had a negative impact of the fed, I would say this. Back in the day, us Efedders seemed to be able to work with the creative guys to guide our characters in a slight direction, to have a little more effect of what the story lines will be, now tho it does seem like this is all set in stone long before the promoter knows whats going on. As i say, its not really a problem, more something that may help to make people feel more included...

I don't want to put a negative spin on anything tho, what you guys have done with this place is amazing and the progression from what used to be a little too gimmicky to what is now a genuine fed, that could exist and easily compete, if not surpass WWE... and dont take that lightly, it would be so easy to have a fed full of Big Al Lustly's and Rock V2's.... but this current 6WF is believable and its by no means cheesy or OTT.

Long story short guys, I like to think of myself as the wallpaper around here, and Ill be here for whatever you need me to do.
BD
BD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:57 pm

no one wallpapers anymore. We just paint the walls. You are out of touch lad. OUT OF TOUCH!

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BD Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Tryna be serious here u big tit lol Laughing
BD
BD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Ain't my style bro

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BD Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 pm

get on skype anyway, Minion...
BD
BD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:30 am

I'm not going to be leaving, and will make sure I do my best to keep 6WF going. I'm still not sure one recruitment drive will be enough though, we can get an influx of 10 or so guys, but at the end of the day it's the flow that's the problem, I think the best thing to look into would be to branch out onto a forum and make ourselves part of it. We can even keep our own site, but make sure there is a presence on that forum, with shows posted etc. to try and keep a steady flow of guys, no point having one big influx of new people as we will only come to the same problem in another few months.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 am

I agree with the idea of a break as if nothing else, it'll give a chance for Mat/Beer to have a break from writing.

I don't think there are any quick fixes to this though, we can go looking on other forums for guys but that's about it. Obviously associating ourselves with Roughkut and e-fed knights can't hurt.

CJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Crimey wrote:I'm not going to be leaving, and will make sure I do my best to keep 6WF going. I'm still not sure one recruitment drive will be enough though, we can get an influx of 10 or so guys, but at the end of the day it's the flow that's the problem, I think the best thing to look into would be to branch out onto a forum and make ourselves part of it. We can even keep our own site, but make sure there is a presence on that forum, with shows posted etc. to try and keep a steady flow of guys, no point having one big influx of new people as we will only come to the same problem in another few months.
I agree with this, whilst 6 people leaving may seem a lot I don't think it's overly unusual, it just stands out a hell of a lot more because there's nobody coming into replace them. If you look back at previous years I'd bet there'd be a similar number of people not promo'ing at most times but it's lost because they get swept to the bottom of the card or just forgotten about completely, which hasn't been able to happen this time

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by xviperx Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:41 pm

I don't really have a say as I haven't even started my 6WF career but once this all kicks off again I can promise I will do my best to have my character promoing each and every week.

xviperx

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks for all the feedback.

I agree that RoughKut and E-Fed Knights are the way forward, but we need a constant presence on their.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:50 pm

like an ambassador? Bull fits that bill perfectly........no wait....no he doesn't. Not at all

Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:08 pm

I think everyone is agreed on a break of sorts, but the two options aren't really that clear. The crux of the matter is whether Beer wants to stay on in a creative role, if he does it's a 3 man team if not its a two man

Recruitment is a continual process and I don't think the continued success of the fed will depend on the result of the next month or so, everybody will of course actively look for ways to increase numbers but I think it is just as important that people make a real effort to actively promo going forward and if you really question your ability to do that then be honest and upfront and ask yourself if you really should be carrying on - It sounds harsh but from a creative side the interest and activity of members needs to be there to warrant all the effort

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:37 pm

The options are clear.

If people (members) want to club together and look at drumming up interest and bringing new people in then I'm happy to take a break with Mat and recharge batteries whilst recruiting.

If people just want to plod along seeing what will happen with no plan or attempt to make things better than I'm going to step back.

And we've asked people to be honest and say if they don't have the time and we already have another member leaving!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm

You and Mat?! Wink

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:04 pm

So is your continuation on the creative side dependant on the success of the recruitment drive or if we take a break, get no new members but agree to continue on a scaled back roster and format will you stay on the creative team

Sorry I'm confused as to where your 'role' determines what happens next - We all agree that we are committed to continue, new members or not - Are you?

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:11 pm

Sorry to be blunt Smile

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 pm

What do you mean my 'role'?

It's quite clear, Lex. If people are going to rally round and actively aid us in recruitment then I'm happy to stay as that's more effort than has been shown in recent months. It gives me a break, as well as Mat, to recharge our batteries and look at what we're going to do with the reduced roster.

If nobody was bothered about helping and just wanted to carry on then I would've stepped down because I don't see that the current levels of interest justify the massive effort put in by me and Mat. I don't have endless amounts of free time to write. When this place was ticking over nicely and people were about I had motivation. As explained it in my original post that as things stand I can't justify carrying on.

As you can see, people want 6WF to survive. Not by mergers or by going back to v2, but by helping look at how we move forward.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Ok sorry misuse of my ' ' there

I don't think people have ever not actively helped with recruitment but there is only a limited number of resources available and I never questioned people wanting 6WF to survive I was merely giving options, the issue is not the people who have responded to this thread as they are the ones who already promo or have valid reasons for being quiet at the moment

It is quite possible that the recruitment drive will not generate any new members but that does not detract from the fact that there will still remain a dedicated group who will want 6WF to continue - Which I am sure it will - I was purely asking at what point you will no longer want to be involved in the creative side

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:41 pm

That would be a conversation I have with Mat.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kentyf1 Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Your not going to get rid of me this easy, guys! Wink

But seriously, If a break is what is needed for everyone to recharge the batteries, knuckle down and get back into the mojo of things then so be it. Recruitment wise, I'm more than happy to help. I think a steady flow of interest is exactly what is needed and to carry on 6WF into the future. I think perhaps, a link with another forum or board will be cool as that will provide more interest. Again, I agree with Rich that we should be looking to move 6WF into the future and perhaps a move back to the old place is not exactly the best option to take this place to another level. However, a part of me thinks maybe we could restore some links to v2 just to provide a wider interest. I seem to remember, 6CW had it's own site and a space on the 606v2 boards and that provided a steady stream of interest and a safety net. In a nutshell, I just feel that this site seems a little isolated and that perhaps as I mentioned earlier a link or a space on a Wrestling forum could do the world of good.  

I find it baffling how that in the space of a year it goes so quiet.. if anything 6WF has become better and stronger as the characters develop and we all develop as promoers. I totally understand that personal lives take priority but what grinds me is when people just seemingly disappear without notice to either Mat, Beer or anyone.. a comment, reason, whatever it's just general courteousy in the end to let us all know. 

in the end, I'm in for the long haul. I wan't to help actively to keep his place getting stronger and continue to promo with the guys who all enjoy doing it. We will find a way, we always do! Smile

kentyf1

Location : Chesham, Buckinghamshire.. a stone's throw away from our beautiful capital city!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:40 pm

I've voted for carry on, but I can see I've been outvoted. Happy to go with the flow and continue whupping ass when we restart.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Good to see that so many are committed to trying to get things moving again. There's no such thing as a lost cause in my eyes - there's got to be a way to boost numbers again.

Can't say these are the circumstances I'd envisaged returning in, but I'd rather give getting things back on track a bash rather than sitting back and watching the place I've put 6 years into fade and die.

Looking forward to getting involved with the whole creative side, here's to the future! Another Announcement  2476824700 

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Marky wrote:I've voted for carry on, but I can see I've been outvoted. Happy to go with the flow and continue whupping ass when we restart.
I genuinely was going to ask Mat to put 'Ignore the vote to carry on, that's Marky'.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Can I suggest a night where us all could come onto chatbox and discuss this?

We don't use it enough, usually because there isn't enough people online at any one time.

Just an idea......

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:03 pm

I like that idea.

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Evening gents

Heard about the recruitment drive of sorts I'd certainly be interested in throwing my efed hat into the 6WF ring.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Hey MtotheC

Welcome

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:28 pm

MtotheC wrote:Evening gents

Heard about the recruitment drive of sorts I'd certainly be interested in throwing my efed hat into the 6WF ring.
Good man!!

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Evening Nay, 6WF unfortunately passed me by back on v2, got the efed bug earlier in the year and reading some of the shows it looks like 6WF has a very high standard. Not really sure what's gone on but from reading the above it appears a break and fresh start could give this place a new lease of life. Looking forward to getting involved.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 am

Welcome to the board, MtotheC?!

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 am

I'd be interested in joining again once I'm at Uni, but with Dad going to Australia and exams and shit I just got too much going on to make my promos worth what mat and beer put in

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Olly wrote:I'd be interested in joining again once I'm at Uni, but with Dad going to Australia and exams and shit I just got too much going on to make my promos worth what mat and beer put in
The annoying thing is, the little amount of time it would've taken you to tell Mat and I that 2 months ago would've saved us hassle. And whilst it's not my place to judge, you had plenty of time to participate on v2, so the fact you didn't consider contacting us is quite disrespectful.

That said, i hope things sort themselves out for you and good luck with your exams.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Olly Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Rich wrote:
Olly wrote:I'd be interested in joining again once I'm at Uni, but with Dad going to Australia and exams and shit I just got too much going on to make my promos worth what mat and beer put in
The annoying thing is, the little amount of time it would've taken you to tell Mat and I that 2 months ago would've saved us hassle. And whilst it's not my place to judge, you had plenty of time to participate on v2, so the fact you didn't consider contacting us is quite disrespectful.

That said, i hope things sort themselves out for you and good luck with your exams.
I know and I realise I should've done. I was just being a bit of a dick really. Cheers anyhow and the shows have been quality!!

Also I'd say the three man creative

Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum