6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what now? / After BiF

+5
6WF Admin
JJ Johnson
Crimey
Marsh
Twisty
9 posters

Go down

So what now? / After BiF Empty So what now? / After BiF

Post by Twisty Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:15 am

This is just a topic to see where peoples heads are about 6WF at the moment, suggestions what we can do and if anyone is willing to help out.

Can't write more at the moment as just started work and this was a spur of the moment post idea. I will fatten out the OP in my lunch hour.

Just to say that Mat/Rich, if you want show writing help, I will help out. Crimey, if you want stuff done for the Trashies, I am happy to help out to as well. Just PM me.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

So what now? / After BiF Empty Re: So what now? / After BiF

Post by Marsh Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:45 am

Spoiler:

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 pm

I think we need to find somewhere where we have a steady flow of new members, as long as we're stuck in a isolated website I just think that 6WF will slowly die one member at a time. I think the best thing to do would be to search the internet for wrestling forums that don't have e-feds and ask if they would accept us onto their board as we can obviously add something to them, considering we'd be bringing a good group of members to increase their board membership and also offer their existing members something new to do.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:17 pm

I have been doing it for the last few weeks. I have got in contact with UKFF but like someone said (it may have been you Crimey) its hard to get members that are already in established feds. My thoughts are along the lines of two options.

1) Try the wrestling forums like Crimey says
2) Get some sort of partnership going with another fed.

Nay has done blinding work with Twitter I heard. Maybe we can use that?

Bottom line, and what this topic was hoping to achieve, is who is actually willing to help. Seriously.

If so we can get together and drum up a few ideas. If Mat and Rich want to be part of that then cool, but I think they have enough on their plate (although they have the final say).

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ Johnson Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Spoiler:

JJ Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Steve (Man of 1000 ID's) wrote:
Spoiler:
No offence, but it didn't work for 6WF before.

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm guessing this will be on v2 not a stand alone site Steve?

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ Johnson Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Yes, which I completely accept is a pretty much "no go" for a few members on here.

I would like 6WF to continue as its own entity and if you guys can come up with an idea to make that happen then by all means I will support it.

But as me and Paul are now running 6CW the only way we can offer our help is by giving the opportunity to merge the feds.

JJ Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Finding new members is obviously the way forward. Just doing that that's the problem. That said, viper and Morrow have come aboard recently, so it must be working to a small extent.

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by xviperx Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm

So is 6WF coming over to 6CW for sure?

xviperx

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ Johnson Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:55 pm

No mate, it is an unlikely scenario but just an offer me and Paul have made. We cannot help run this place as we run 6CW so that is the best we could do.

The decision is up to Mat and we respect and support anything he says. Im sure he will be able to find some guys on this site who are willing to help him out.

JJ Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by xviperx Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Am I right in thinking that Steve/you are JJ unless I'm unaware of another guy running 6CW?

xviperx

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ Johnson Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 pm

That's me mate Smile

JJ Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 am

DP wrote:Finding new members is obviously the way forward. Just doing that that's the problem. That said, viper and Morrow have come aboard recently, so it must be working to a small extent.
Admittedly, Viper came over thanks to Lex. 

This is essentially the way forward, i don't see how going back to v2 would help in the slightest, and getting out of the merger was the best thing that happened to 6WF, don't see how going back into it benefits except loosening the workload on Mat.

Without wanting to ruin BIF for anyone, but we're losing 4 people at BIF, with a further 2 asking to leave due to commitments elsewhere. That's a big chunk of people, considering we just wrote Kuinshi out as well.

In a positive light, a reduced roster reduces the workload, gives us time to focus on storylines and rebuilding.

In a negative light, 6 members down means replacing them at some point.

It comes down to recruitment. How do we go about getting people in?

For me, i would look at doing BIF and then taking a break through December. Those of us here who post could use our time to go an generate more interest ready to kick off again in January. Though the fear would be that with no show, people won't bother with the site.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Just to echo what Steve has said - The offer is there and I'm sure we could come up with a plan that is mutually beneficial for both feds but I completely understand the hesitation to take this option forward

I agree that losing 6 members is a big number but what would that leave the fed at in terms of active promoers?

I agree a break could be good to recharge peoples batteries but yes it could have the opposite effect and lose peoples interest completely - Could there not be a show in the new year perhaps a super show with an open invitational battle royal - The number of promos would help you to gauge the interest in continuing and it could give the fed a fresh impetus really give the chance to change the landscape of 6WF - Just an idea and I would be happy to help in an interim position. I am busy with 6CW obviously but if it means that 6WF can continue then I'm happy to take on a heavier load - Always happy to chat about options, if its just as a sounding board for ideas then happy to help

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Unless people are committed to helping Mat and I actively recruit then the process is never going to work. 

After the departures we'd have 17 active promoers, plus Cable if he ever comes back, so potentially 20. That's characters though.

Lee has 2 characters, BD has 2, Twisty has 2, Cable has 3.

Half your roster is controlled by 4 people.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Sounds like 6CW in that respect Smile

17 is a good number but because of the growth of 6WF over the last year or so in terms of size of shows etc the question is I guess what is an acceptable amount of activity/promos to warrant the amount of effort that goes into the planning and writing of the show?

I would also question why? - Why are people not as engaged as they used to be, have we all got older and outgrown efedding(I don't think so), is it down to storylines(Has the current Walker/Mcgraw story gone on too long?). How tied to the history should 6WF be? - Should there be a clean break, start again, reboot 6WF? - Some questions may be hard to swallow but they need to be asked to get to the root of an issue

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:14 pm

For me returning to v2 is a no no. So the "death" of 6WF would mean the end of me being an e-fedder.

In that respects I am all for actively trying to recruit, but it is a hard process for reasons already stated. However, if we say after BiF we will all work together during December to try and drum up interest, then I think it will work. If not, at least come January we know that we have tried and it hasn't worked.

This whole thread was designed to see who that we think is active is willing to help out. In that respect I suggest all those willing to take part in a "war room" put themselves forward. Maybe even a separate area of the site for these people Rich so we can drum out ideas? Then, we work our socks off in December on recruiting.

I say "aye"

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Lex Hart wrote:Sounds like 6CW in that respect Smile

17 is a good number but because of the growth of 6WF over the last year or so in terms of size of shows etc the question is I guess what is an acceptable amount of activity/promos to warrant the amount of effort that goes into the planning and writing of the show?

I would also question why? - Why are people not as engaged as they used to be, have we all got older and outgrown efedding(I don't think so), is it down to storylines(Has the current Walker/Mcgraw story gone on too long?). How tied to the history should 6WF be? - Should there be a clean break, start again, reboot 6WF? - Some questions may be hard to swallow but they need to be asked to get to the root of an issue
If 20 'characters' are involved in the show, i would expect 20 promos.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Agreed Twist and aye i'm in

I agree Rich it seems obvious but as a 'character' your only responsibility is to promo, general chit chat is a nice to have but if your not promoing then what's the point, it becomes an exercise where people create a new character and then hand everything over to teh writers. It's the efed equivalent of starting a game on Football Manager and straight away taking a holiday and letting the computer be responsible for the teams success - It defeats the point of wanting to play the game in the first place

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:52 pm

We don't even get half that. And there's no back n forths any more.

As for why is this place so dead....

Kuinshi - Fucked off without notice after being turned heel and made Euro Champ.

Olly - Fucked off without notice after winning Hardcore Title (can be found on v2).

Electric Demon - We have no idea, never been seen since August, hasn't contacted myself or Mat.

Bull - Trolling v2. Being written out after his 'i have no interest in e-fedding' comment 2 weeks after he was made Tag Champ.

That's 5 core posters who just stopped bothering.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Do you think if you had cut the dead wood so to speak earlier then it may have had a different effect? - Cassius is still a big character when as you said ED hasn't been around for months

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:31 pm

In ED's case, he's been such a huge part of 6WF that we felt it wouldn't be fair to just chuck him to the sides, obviously things have now changed and we've decided it's time to change that.

In Olly, Kuinshi and Bull's case, we gave them the standard 4 weeks.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:39 pm

That is fair then - In terms of using December to take a breather and drum up interest - What date are you aiming at for BiF now? If it is a weekend then 15th December gives a two and a half week build, you could have a super show maybe the 17th of Jan, which allows for Xmas/New Year and time to restructure - I obviously don't know what you have planned but with a reduced roster there will likely need to be a shakeup in terms of titles etc

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:43 pm

I'll speak to Mat. I would suggest doing the SuperShow this Friday and then yeah, BIF before Xmas. Use BIF as a tease to get people interested, and then a month off, everyone gets a chance to regroup, including me.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Supershow friday is fine with me because honestly, I'm seriously lacking motivation to do anything at the moment and that isn't really down to 6WF stuff either, just having a bit of tough time with aspects of Uni.

As for all this, I've got a few thoughts but I'm going to have a chat with Rich first and get something concrete. To those who've pm'd me, sorry for not replying yet.

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum