6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement!

+7
Twisty
Paul Mac
kentyf1
Marsh
Marky
JJ Johnson
6WF Admin
11 posters

Go down

Announcement! Empty Announcement!

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Right Fellas,

It’s that time of year for big announcements!

Given this place has seen a dramatic slump in posts, promos and general interest I’ve had to question what’s best for the fed. Over the last few months I’ve debated (mainly with myself) over whether I wanted to continue on with 6WF in a GM capacity. When I took on the role, I always said to Mat that I would do the job up until the point where I felt I couldn’t take the fed any further, and sadly I think I’ve hit that point.

It’s a shame really. The last few months should have seen the place buzzing with excitement with the ongoing storylines we have. As it is, we have 3 Champions that don’t bother any more, 2 of the four guys competing for the chance at the world titles haven’t promo’d in months (granted, access is an issue), one of the champions promos every other week at best, Mat and I don’t have time and last week 75% of stuff on the card was me and Marshall fucking about, there’s also the guys involved in 6CW who have to split their time.

It’s gotten to the point where it’s no longer about whether I can take the fed any further from a storyline perspective, but whether I can dig it out of the rut it’s fallen in to. Right now, I’m all out of motivation, and at the brink of being past caring, which after nearly two years of wanting this to work, is more of a shame than anything.

My biggest fear was after last year’s Born In Fire; which to me was probably the greatest written show in this companies history, was that I wouldn’t be able to top it. This year, it’s not about being able to top it, it’s that nobody will bother to read it, and the 10-12 promos on the card won’t be worth the effort.

Quite a negative post really, Thursday is usually a good day!!

I know we’ve lost people like Demon and Saint, but there should’ve been plenty more people around here. The argument that we don’t have the footfall of v2 is bollocks as most of their roster is made up of ex 6WF/6CW guys that have come back.

Basically, as it stands, I’m stepping down as Head of Creative at Born In Fire. Whether it’s permanently, or a sabbatical to recharge my batteries, who knows, but what I’ll say is this….Mat, more than anyone else deserves a hell of a lot better than this. He’s worked his bollocks off for nearly 4 years. He’s been through the bad times, the good times, and the times when everything here was fucking awesome. I don’t think he’s ever fucked anyone over, gone behind someone’s back, poached, lied, misled or argued with anyone in that time. He gives up his free time every week to write shows that are always high quality and this is what it’s come down to?

I honestly hope whatever happens things pick up, more so for his sake than anyone else’s, because he deserves to close 6WF on his terms.

Cheers to the 3 people that read this! Ok

Rich

Last edited by Rich on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Announcement! Empty Re: Announcement!

Post by JJ Johnson Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Shit news but completely understand where this is coming from. I'll admit that my participation on the site has been limited and I apologise for not doing the tag team title reign justice.

I have had some bad times in my personal life and the time I am online has been spent mostly over on v2 with 6CW. I wish I promoed more with Solomon and the only person at fault for that is myself.

I can't explain why most of the roster seems to have lost its hunger and desire to promo but is a damn shame because of the effort that Mat and Rich put into the shows. 6WF has been amazing the last 12-18 months and it is strange to think that it is now in this position.

I don't know what the answer is, maybe there is not one, but considering Born in Fire is just weeks away it is awful to think that the biggest show on the calendar is going to be a damp squib. 6WF definitely deserves better and so do the guys who run it. If Rich steps down, if Mat has had enough then I understand why because it has been a rough few months for the fed.

I'll always maintain that this fed can survive, one way or another, that is my opinion and I will not change it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am happy to talk to Rich and Mat about how 6WF could move forward, if they so wish. I may not have shown it at times but this fed means a great deal to me and if I can help out then I will.

JJ Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:03 pm

I just don't get the slump. It's absolutely nothing to do with the standard of the shows which are terrific. I can definitely see where you are coming from Rich, and if I had the time I'd happily get involved with the running of 6WF in terms of writing matches. It's a clear fact however that since Lex Hart has been involved, 6WF has gone very, very quiet...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm surprised by how unsurprised I am by this, theres no doubt that 6wf has been quiet for a while now and it's a sad state of affairs when me and rich pratting about is the only back and forth I can remember happening in ages.

That said the standard of shows and storyline has been terrific under your reign and I wish you the best of luck in your future and evers

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks lads.

In all honestly, I can step down with my head held high. I oversaw some of the best angles we've ever done, and in 21 months, Mat and I have never argued, and had 2 creative differences, not bad for the best commish in history and the gobby cunt from V2! Laugh

What saddens me, is the potential this place has. Some of the characters, the guys behind them like Nay, CJ, Marky and Kenty who always promo, without fail. Guys like Steel, Nay, Teej; they always let me know if they couldn't promo. Guys like Nay (theme?) who ask for a back and forth but it falls on deaf ears.

In truth, I'm sorry it's come to this, but I'm more sorry for Mat and Lee as well who dedicate their time and efforts. Lee in particular has given up his personal time and skill to create drawings for people who bugger off.

I'm staying on, if anything, using Clarke James as a character will add promos (although the standard will drop).

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kentyf1 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Evening guys. Pretty bummed out reading all that Rich haha! but I can totally understand mate. The efforts Mat and yourself go through to produce weekly shows to such a high standard is simply amazing. As I say usually, you earn yours pints for sure after writing the shows!

I must say, i'm pretty confused why this place has gone so quiet.. I love coming onto the site and seeing what's going on and the usual chit chat too and of course reading the shows, promo's and promoing myself. But it's just rather odd that guys who used to regulary comment and promo just seem to disappear. I know personal lives and work takes priority but its just the way they go.. seems a little rude and disrespectful without any reason. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so lord only knows how it feels to Rich and Mat!

I hope whatever happens Rich, I hope you keep your chin up. You have done a terrific job alongside Mat and whatever happens after Born In Fire I'm sure you guys will make the right choices for yourselves and the fed. Keep on smiling and plugging away, I bet the Supershow and Born In Fire will rock. This year has been great for 6WF on the whole and I have no doubts you guys will give it 100% as will the guys who promo including myself who will try and make it as epic as possible to do you guys justice and the justice the fantastic storylines deserve. 

In short, Rich and Mat, you are legends.

kentyf1

Location : Chesham, Buckinghamshire.. a stone's throw away from our beautiful capital city!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 pm

I'll echo the sentiments of others - It's a damn shame that things have turned out like this after as Rich rightly say's the best BiF to date last year - Rich one question - What does this mean in terms of the running of the fed? Is Mat able to take up both roles or are you actively looking for your replacement?

As JJ said I am happy to help look at options for the long term future of the fed as what ever happens, who ever is in charge, 6WF can not be allowed to die

Paul Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisty Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Right, just sat down to promo and I read this.

Sorry to see this happening, but as others have said, its not surprising. I too care a great deal about this fed, have always promo-ed and looked into making my characters the best they can be. I know what it is like to put the time and effort in to writing these shows; I had my tenure and it was tough.

I need a bit of time to mull things over, but I doubt very much 6WF will die. People just need to recharge their batteries a bit.

Rich, it has been a pleasure mate. You and Mat have worked tirelessly for something, at least lately, that has received no thanks. If there was ever a call of action for us others to sit up and take some responsibility over the fed we are supposedly care about, then this is the time.

Twisty

Back to top Go down

Post by Toozey Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Sorry to hear  about thos beer, you have been doing a great job.
sorry i havent been around much lately but things have been hectic but are npw getting sorted. will begin promoijg properly again
if theres anything i can do to help out i will

Toozey

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Well this is shit.

Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 6WF Admin Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Lex Hart wrote:I'll echo the sentiments of others - It's a damn shame that things have turned out like this after as Rich rightly say's the best BiF to date last year - Rich one question - What does this mean in terms of the running of the fed? Is Mat able to take up both roles or are you actively looking for your replacement?

As JJ said I am happy to help look at options for the long term future of the fed as what ever happens, who ever is in charge, 6WF can not be allowed to die
I haven't spoke to him in depth. I'll still help him out where he needs it, i just won't be 'Head of Creative'. As i stated, whether i take a sabbatical or go for good i haven't decided.

Whatever happens is purely Mat's decision, given the current state of things i think he's earned that right. I suppose the way to look at it is if people actually give a shit about this place then they'll fight to make it work, if not, then Mat can close it how he see's fit.

I suppose the thing to stress is that it's not about finding a replacement for me. You could stick monkeys at typewriters and produce the shows, but if nobody is bothering then what's the point? Why should Mat give his time up to write shows for 3 people?

When i took over as HOC, it was about producing shows based on the promos and abilities of people, using what they'd written. Now it's akin to writing a comic book. Doing what we want. That's not what 6WF is about.

6WF Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Obviously disappointed that it has come to this, Rich has done an amazing job as HOC and it's shame that arguably the best work he's thought of and produced(well we have, but it's his announcement, so I'll let him take a bit of credit!) has been seen by relatively few people.

It can become demotivating when you see the relatively small amount of promos going in to a show. Understand people have other commitments, I sometimes struggle to get a promo up myself. It seems that many things have just conspired together at once with people having internet problems, promotions, more uni work etc.

I've got no intention of leaving or closing this place down, but need to do something in terms of recruitment and generally getting that buzz back about the place. As for replacements or new members of the creative team, I haven't leant any thought to that at all. My intention is with just the Supershow to go, to get to Born In fire and produce a great show, then take stock from there as regards to replacements/assistance/whatever you want to call it.

Appreciate the offers that I've already had for help or talking about the best way to take this place forward and will undoubtedly take people up on them at some point in the near future.

Again just want to say a huge thanks to Rich for everything he has contributed to 6WF and that his work hasn't gone unappreciated.

Mat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:56 pm

Sad to hear, but I think things will pick up and I do feel guilty about my lack of activity, still struggling to get back into the swing of things after my lack of internet for so long.

I think the main issue is the lack of new faces, it means every time we lose somebody, it's really noticeable and the usual flow of people coming in and people leaving isn't achieved which means more matches are done, which means things struggle to feel as fresh. The problem is that 6WF has thrived by picking up those interested from the wider board, at the moment there is no wider board and it's hard to advertise anywhere, as if you find people who are interested in e-fedding it's because they're already part of one.

I will do anything possible to keep 6WF going as I will be absolutely gutted if it doesn't continue after so much work that others and I have put into it over the past nearly half a decade.

Crimey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum