6WF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beer's Cheltenham Tips - Day 1

Go down

Beer's Cheltenham Tips - Day 1 Empty Beer's Cheltenham Tips - Day 1

Post by 6WF Admin Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 am

It's what you've all been waiting for......that's right, all four of you....

1.30 Supreme Novices Hurdle...

This is a tough one to call, as there are a few horses with some cracking records. IRVING has looked hugely impressive in his 4 wins and his Jockey has a 100% record. Vautor won his latest Grade 1 well and is saddled by Ruby Walsh and Wicklow Brave has won his last five. I've gone with Paul Nicholls charge in Irving, though each way bet i'd back Barry Geraghty on Vaniteaux.

Paddy Power are refunding bets if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Irving
Vaniteaux (ew)

2.05 Arkle Trophy

The ground will probably be too fast for Trifolium, i'm backing CHAMPAGNE FEVER to bounce back after his last effort. He has a good record at festivals and whilst Dodging Bullets is in great form, Ruby Walsh's ride gets my nod. Each way bets, look at Western Warhorse for Tom Scudamore.

Champagne Fever
Western Warhorse (ew)

2.40 Baylis & Harding H'Cap Chase

One of those clusterfuck races where nobody goes off at less than 10/1. I've gone with TOUR DES CHAMPS over Time for Rupert.

Tour Des Champs
Time for Rupert (ew)

3.20 Stan James Champion Hurdle

The big one. Can Hurricane Fly win his third hurdle? I don't think so. Whilst he's beaten Jezki and Our Conor this year THE NEW ONE will find plenty to be Champ for a new generation. My Tent Or Yours won't get up that final hill and Sam Twiston-Davies will see his charge home. Each way i've gone for Grumeti, a 100/1 shot who has a Grade 1 win under his belt and could shock.

The New One
Grumeti (ew)

4.00 OLBG Hurdle

Hard to look past the seriously impressive QUEVEGA in this. Misses most of the season for this race and chasing his 6th consecutive win. Sirene D'Ainay for each way claims.

Quevega
Sirene D'Ainey

6WF Admin
Admin

http://6wf.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum